Wednesday 2 March 2016

I Know You...

January was 3 minutes ago and February was a total blur.
A blur that included turning 27 (which gave an excuse to nibble macarons and sip Prosecco)


As a birthday treat, my Mum took me to see Matthew Bourne's Sleeping Beauty at Woking Theatre.  I haven't been to the ballet in a long time, so I was really looking forward to it and, unsurprisingly, it was a truly enchanting production.  She also bought me a beautiful bunch of roses.



February also included visits to Brick Lane coffee shops and slices of blueberry, lavender and lime cake (YUM!) potting up succulents (who has now sprouted little baby shoots) and booking exciting things for the next few months.



Inbetween the cake and seeing friends and working and the positive changes in my life, however, I still find myself dipping every now and then.  I have to remind myself that it's OK to feel that way and not beat myself up more because of it.  I'm still learning to love myself, even if at times that feels like an uphill battle.  Several people have told me how brave I am or have been over the last few months, and the funny thing is, I wasn't thinking about whether or not I was brave at the time- I just had to deal with the situation at hand and get on with my life.  But that's it isn't it?  Just take each day as it comes, and don't think about it too much.

On with the rest of 2016 then I suppose.

Wonderlander X

No comments: