Friday 7 June 2013

Hi, My Name is...

SOOOOOOOOO... It's been a little while (*cough*) since I've been on here. To say that a lot has happened in the last 6 months would be an understatement. Since December I have: had two new tattoos, turned 24, auditioned for The X Factor (got through to round 2)spent 3 weeks in Australia, had my septum pierced, and I've just come back from a few wonderful days in Nottingham. It's back to work tomorrow! So lucky that I've been able to enjoy the sun (both in Oz and back home!) and after having a bit of a travel bug I'm feeling refreshed and ready for action!

I will post some pictures of my travels round Australia in the next week, but for now, here are some fom this last week in Nottingham...


I had lunch and scrummy milkshakes with my girl Sarah at Homemade in Notts

Been giving my Budgie, Felix, some attention (one of my new tattoos is of him!)

Visited one of my favourite places in the country, Lee Rosy's, not once, but twice with my friends Sarah and Hollie-Anne. Had my favourite Caramel Mud Cake and Snapple both times- yum! I also went to Yo! Sushi for the first time with Hollie-Anne. It was alright, but I wouldn't go again. I'll stick to authentic Japanese next time!

My Dad drove me up to Nottingham, as we hadn't seen each other in a while and thought it would be nice to spend the day together. We had a morning cup of tea in a new cafe called Thea Caffea, which was just delightful, then we had a wander round Notts, then we had lunch at our favourite- Tamatanga and then we got ice-cream from Baskin Robbins and sat in Market Square and had a people-watch!

Later on we headed to Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem for a couple of pints in the sun, and then we vivisted The Walk for a late cuppa. I have to say, The Walk is under new management since I last went, and it has been totally ruined. All of the charm has gone, the owners are the waiters and it's somewhat creepy, everything inside is for sale, which gives the impression that they might close down at any minute and it was just nothing like the quirky, fun, delicious place it used to be. Such a shame.

Saturday night, I met up with one of my besties, Kayleigh, and a couple of other girls she knew, and we went to Rock City- I had such a good night! It was just like being a student again! The next day I had a bit of retail therapy in Notts centre, then met Kayleigh, Sarah and her boyfriend Fraser for karaoke in the evening. We all got a bit merry, sang loads, and ended up getting late- night subway.

Here's me wearing a couple of my new purchase! Queen of Hearts!

This was the morning tea at Thea Caffea with my Dad :)

I really missed Nottingham, and going back up for a few days just confirmed to me how awesome a place it is. The sun has been shining back home in Guildford though, so for the last few days of my time off work, I have been lying out in the garden, soaking up the rays and enjoying myself. I think I need to remember to look after myself and fully relax now and then.

Hope you've all been well! Thank you for sticking with me! If you want to see my life as it happens, follow me on Instagram: wonderlander

Wonderlander x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

nice photos! you have such a lovely blog!