Sunday 27 October 2013

Drink Every Drop of Rain

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."- Ferris Bueller.

Wise words from one of my favourite films.   Life is pretty great right now and is only going to get better and better over the next few months.   I have had a wonderful summer.   We got a puppy! His name is Jasper and he's a Miniature Schnauzer- look how tiddly he was! He's grown so much since we got him, and my what a tinker he is!   He wants to chew everything, has worked out how to open my bedroom door and wakes me up my nibbling my ear, but he's SUCH a cutie.


I enjoyed a couple of days in Brighton with my Dad towards the end of August.   The sunshine was glorious (the only sunburn I managed all summer!) and we spent a whole day wandering through the lanes, eating yummy things (cherry cola and lychee rose sorbetto from Gelato Gusto pictured) went on a hair-raising ride on Brighton Pier and lay on the pebbly beach sipping lemon iced tea.


In the last few weeks I have been given a fantastic opportunity, and I am so delighted and excited to have been accepted onto the Topshop Homegrown program- a nine month intensive management course, that launches in a couple of weeks time.   I headed up to London on the 2nd of October to give a presentation and have my interview.   I arrived an hour early (oops) so soothed my butterflies with a Cappucino, Pain au Chocolat and a spot of early morning people-watching.   After the assessment I indulged in some retail therapy, a sushi lunch, tea and a delicious raspberry tart with my friend Amy at Le Pain Quotidein and a bit later on, a cheeky coctail at The O Bar in Soho.




I've discovered magic in a jar...


Got some more work done to the tattoo on my leg and purchased these gorgeous prints from my lovely tattooist Vicky Morgan (she is part of Ghost House Collective)


Last weekend I visited Borough Market with my Mum.   We had a brilliant day and I bought some lovely foodie treats from the market and from Whole Foods.   The weather was great too-we sat outside to have a cup of tea and a cronut! (YUM)





Oh and here's my little scruff looking a bit bigger and fluffier, and like butter wouldn't melt.   I never thought I could love a creature so much!


Just because we're meant to be witnessing a full-on storm in the UK tonight, it's got me thinking of a quote that I can really relate to at the moment, and has lifted me when I've felt down, and that is "Good timber does not grow with ease.   The stronger the wind the stronger the trees."

Wonderlander x

No comments: